PDA

View Full Version : Maple weekend in Ma.??

mapleman3
03-03-2008, 12:26 PM
For those of you who are members of Ma. Maple producers assoc. (and those who want to be) I'm looking for input to see if you are interested if the state had a maple weekend... like other states, you get on a list and open your sugarhouse up to the droves of visitors looking for the whole maple experience. I don't know when or if we ever had it,Mostly Ma. had whats called "March is maple month" where local restaurants would showcase your syrup in their recipes and dishes. we have kinda gotten out of that, but if you out there want the weekend thing to happen , let me know, give me your input. maybe we can get this going for next year... hey maybe a maple queen too(grin)

hard maple
03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
great idea, I'm in.

saphead
03-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Jim,
Great idea. I live 6 mi. from the Vt. border and always try to catch their's.Just don't make them on the same weekend,I think the Vt. one is 3/22 & 3/23 this year.A good friend of mine started a craft tour in town a few years ago and it's a great success. One of the most important things is accurate,easy to read maps! Should be able to get some funding from Mas. Ag. for brochures etc.
Craig

Russell Lampron
03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
The maple weekend works well in NH. We usually have it on the 4th weekend of the month. It is the 29th and 30th this year because Easter is on the 23rd.

Russ