PDA

View Full Version : started tapping in north bangor, new york

treefinder
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
i started tapping today. i tapped about 250 still a little to cold. i had 32degrees today @ 1:00pm and i'll start back in in the morning if the weather is what it says its going to be ,only 1,150 left!give or take.. snow was about 12" deep in the woods.

SapSuckers
03-03-2008, 11:56 AM
treefinder,

you are not far from where I tap in ellenburg center. I know the big producer who leases from my family has started tapping. I plan on tapping soon once the evaporator is ready. good luck!

PS- I like the trail camera picture of the bears, you must have those same pineapple trees that we do

treefinder
03-03-2008, 06:34 PM
we tapped the rest of the bush today .. got done about 5:00 pm from 9:30 this morning. boy were they running . had about 200 gallons in the tanks when we left tonight tested 2.2%. still want to put some more tubing up this week about 100 more taps, to pick up the stragglers. those pineapple trees grow pretty good around here..lol.

cncaboose
03-06-2008, 08:42 PM
beautiful day in the woods this aft. 38 degrees, sap was running and we were tapping. My wife and I got 110 buckets hung in 3 hours. About 80 to go if it ever warms up again.

Flatfoot95
03-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Glad to hear things are going well for you guys. I on the other hand am itching to pull the trigger on that drill of mine but weather just hasn't looked the best for my taste yet. I see some real cold weather coming with no long periods of nice sugar weather. Maybe I am just being too fussy.

treefinder
03-09-2008, 07:59 AM
we tapped everything we could last monday.i got a little itchy but when the sap starts to run i want it in the tanks .i lied about how many taps i have out thought i had more but we are just at 1200. but want to buy some buckets to get some more trees that are inconvienate for tubing.weather looks not to bad for the end of the week. alot of snow and sleet fell last night boy am i glad i bought a 4x4 tractor!don't know if the jubilee will make it? i also hooked up my vacuum pump on thursday boy does that make a differance. havn't had much sap but what i have got you can tell it works compared to the other tanks that aren't on vacuum.