PDA

View Full Version : bernard releaser problem

SUGARSMITH
03-02-2008, 06:20 PM
on my double releaser there is a thick piece of acrylic where the ( for lack of a better term) slide valve is. This has become loose and when the valve goes from one to another the whole piece of clear acrylic twists. ( thank you Issac Newton and your third law- every action has an equal and opposite reaction)
Has anybody had this problem and what was done to remedy it. I dont know what but I am having all sorts of issues with vacuum this year.

802maple
03-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Most of the Bernards had a small screw holding it in place, Is it gone? Also I have used 2 part epoxy to hold it in place. You can get it in most hardware stores in a small double tube that looks much like syringe. press out a glob and mix according to directions and put it under the slide and let stand for 1/2 hour it should be allright. Make sure that it is nice and flat

SUGARSMITH
03-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I dont mean the thin piece of plastic. I mean the thick clear acrylic piece, about 3/8 thick that the plastic seal screws to. Its about 12+ inches long. Both the pvc pipes go up into it and one end of the vacumn cylinder attaches to it. Now when the cylinder slides,the clear plastic swivels as well

Any thoughts

Mike
03-03-2008, 09:46 AM
How old is the releaser? If you bought it new this year or last season, Id call the dealer and tell them the problem, they might replace it, or should if its new......