PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 hp airablo

Valley View Sugarhouse
02-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Can anyone tell me what kind of oil I am suposed to use in this?? I have the pump on 4500 taps with a wet dry system, what can I safely pull for vacum without burning the pump up??

Thanks all

Andy

maplwrks
02-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Find Yourself Some Vacuum Pump Oil At A Farm Supply Store. That Pump Should Pull 18"-20". I Would Keep It In A Well Ventilated Area And Keep An Eye On It. The Only Way That These Pumps Will Pull More Is If They Are Flooded With Oil. MAKE SURE YOU RUN A VACUUM REGULATOR WITH IT.

thunder mountain maple
04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
You can get pump oil from DG or leader. I have an airblow pump and I run 23-24'' all the time.

Haynes Forest Products
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Im working on the mother of all vacuum pumps. Im coming to the realization that you need to reclaim your oil from the exhaust. I picked up some really cool looking filters from a junk yard about 10 years ago ( they were shiny) what can I say. well turns out that there vacuum pump oil reclaimers and they work great. I have one on my Masport rig and the hot oil coaleses on the filters and runs back into the feed tank. Im worried that oil mist from the vacuum pump could blow into the collection tank. I think Ill reclaim most of the oil right back into the system.