PDA

View Full Version : Travel Advise and Stops NH, VT, MASS

Brush Buster
02-25-2008, 07:48 AM
We are traveling into Boston on March 1st on business for my wife. The plan is to be into New Hampshire on Saturday the 1st traveling to Vermont on Sunday 2nd and Northern Mass. on Monday 3rd. After that she is in training and I am free to tour the Maple or other sites in the 3 state area the rest of the week. This is maybe my one and only chance to visit the real maple region. I would like to have recommendations on what and who to visit on my trip. My plans are to see the Maple Guys, Goodrich?, Leader, Bascom ... I would also like to visit as many maple traders as I can in my travels. I want to see first hand what to do, a show and tell and take many pictures. As you can see I am from Iowa and there are a few of us out here but not many. Any advise and invites would be great !!

Thanks Randy

Valley View Sugarhouse
02-25-2008, 08:52 AM
I am located about 1/2 way between Bascoms and Goodriches if you would like to stop I would be more then happy to show you around my small piece of maple heaven.. Heck I can do one better I have 4000 to tap and I plan to start the 8th if your still in town. lol just shoot me a pm if you want to stop and I will give you my cell #

Andy

VtSugarhouse
02-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Randy,
Definately visit Goodrich's maple operation and possibly Rick Marsh's sugar house.
You can go to WWW.VermontMaple.org and look at all the places available in Vermont.

DS Maple
02-25-2008, 11:10 AM
If you'll be traveling on rt 101 stop by Morning Star Maple in Dublin. They have the nicest sugarhouse setup that I have seen and really know what they are talking about. Also, they are located right on the highway, so you don't really have to worry about getting lost or anything.
We're located at Coll's Farm right on rt 202 in Jaffrey NH, but I can't say that we'll have anything to boil then. There's no question that we will be around the sugarhouse at some point though, so do feel free to stop by if you are so inclined.

Kim
02-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Randy,
We should be around the sugarhouse or out in the sugarbush on Saturday. Chris' cell phone # is (603) 801-3158. We're about 25 minutes north of Route 101. I doubt we'll be boiling then either - looks like some real cold weather coming in.
Kim

Brush Buster
02-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the invites and information. We will be staying in Nashua NH on Saturday night. How long of a drive would it be up to Goodrich's and then back to Killington VT in hours. Kim and Scott I may make that long run on Sun and Monday. I have the rest of the week to make short runs into NH and Mass.
Andy I hope to have time to stop in on Sunday. I am sorry that the 8th we will be getting back on the plane. Any other ideas would be helpful for the day trips out of Boston. I could make some good sized loops.

Thanks for the help!

Randy