PDA

View Full Version : All Tapped in Somers

DaveB
02-24-2008, 05:46 PM
I finished tapping our trees in Somers this weekend and getting the tubing all straightened out (there's a lot of puns in sugaring!). I had tapped about 75 the first weekend in Feb and had some good runs that week. I tapped another 75 last weekend and did the final hundred or so this weekend.

It's good when you have family (especially an interested spouse!) to help with the process. My Dad was tending the evaporator while my wife and I finished the tapping. I know some guys don't like it, but boiling on the weekend is all I can do right now.

While we've had some good days, no spectacular stretch of runs yet. The coming weather looks promising though!

Dave

VtSugarhouse
02-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Dave,
If you are all tapped out and feel the need for more experience. I will extend an invatation to you and your tapping team.
I have about 4 feet of snow in the woods and best I have been able to do is 387 tapped in five hours per team. We usually have 2 people per team and usually 2 - 3 teams tapping. I am only about 25 % done. So if you feel the need for additional experience I will gladly provide the accomodations.

Good luck making syrup 2008 season