PDA

View Full Version : Sheet metal equipment

802maple
02-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Is there anyone out there that knows of company that sells used sheet metal equipment. Preferably From Ohio east thru Maine. I am searching for a sheemetal brake (6'),shear (52"), and tubing bender, something that will do 2 inch .095 pipe.

Bucket Head
02-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Are you going to try building an evaporator, or are you putting a roll cage on the one you have? LOL!

Seriously, I don't know of anybody. But I'm sure someone on here will. Good luck with the metal working project.

Steve

802maple
02-25-2008, 03:54 AM
Yes to the first question, and you are right on the second question except it doesn't go on a evaporator. You may have to consider going into another field by figuring me out so easly LOL

Fred Henderson
02-25-2008, 04:25 AM
Have you looked on ebay at all?

802maple
02-25-2008, 04:44 AM
Yeah I have but I can't seem to find what I am looking for, I may be searching wrong but not much comes up.

tapper
02-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Here is a place in ohio not sure about used?
http://www.toolsplus1.com/shmetalbrk.htm

I know this one isnt in the area you are looking but maybe worth a look. Sometimes you call these people and they have leads on what is laying around the country.

http://www.northwaysmachinery.com/usedmachinery.asp

Check out craiglist also.
I would love to have a garage full of this stuff.

802maple
02-25-2008, 07:33 AM
My wife thinks I already have a garage full so I am now going to start stacking it. Thanks about the info I will check them out.

gmcooper
02-25-2008, 08:31 AM
This is a friend of ours in Canterbury CT.
Chris Johnson
Canterbury Machinery
Canterbury, CT
860-546-5000

Chris' main business is used machine shop equipment. He has a very large warehouse full.

Good luck
Mark
I also have his home number if you can't get thru to the business#

802maple
02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks I will try him out.

Bucket Head
02-25-2008, 07:32 PM

What do you have that require's a roll cage?

I have many varied interest's also. Motorsport's are one of them, and I've dabbled in a few of them.

Come on, share with the class, whadda ya got?

Steve

802maple
02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Okay Teacher Bucket Head, You got me

I to dabble in the motorsports also, I worked on a local latemodel team that ran on the ACT tour here. And now I crew chief for a neighbor that has a sportsman division car. We have alot to learn though both as driver and his idiot crewchief, but we have fun and spend alot of money. I decided a few years ago that I wasn't losing enough money sugaring so I gave racing a try. Now I have found the bottomless pit.

Now I have layed it on the table, whats your story?

Bucket Head
02-25-2008, 08:55 PM

I've dabbled with dirt bike's and ATV's over the year's. Snowmobile's too. A good friend of mine used to race go-cart's and I worked on them for year's. I've welded odd's and end's for dirt track car's. There's a dirt track about a half an hour away from me so there's a lot of them around.

I've had many "money pit's" since my first dirt bike back in '83. Several year's ago I decided I had too many "pit's" going on at the same time, so I cut back.

I have since concentrated on just two money sucking endeavor's; maple syruping and a couple Model T's.

Good luck with the race car!

Steve

danno
02-25-2008, 11:55 PM
My sheet metal guy in Syracuse is going out of business. Actually he's been going out of business for the past 3 or 4 years. He's pushing 80 and just can't seem to give it up. He has beautiful equipment. Every time I go in to use his break or have something bent, he says everything is gone - but the floor still looks full to me.

It's called House Sheet Metal in Syracuse. His name is Lenny. He usually there from 9-12 M-F. If you want to call him but can't find his number, send me a PM and I'll get the number for you.

802maple
02-26-2008, 04:01 AM
I actually raced snowmobiles a quite a bit in New York over 20 years until I quit in the nineties. I like stockcar racing as it makes your old thinker tick trying to figure out things. When I was with the latemodel team we raced at Adirondack once.

Thanks Danno, I will give him a try. Thanks everybody between the answers here and the P.M.'s I recieved I think I will find something that will work for me.