PDA

View Full Version : Maple Wine

Jerome
03-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Does anyone else make maple wine?
Jerome

Sweber
03-29-2004, 08:21 PM
I wondered if anyone made hooch out of maple syrup! How do you make maple wine? My sap was fermenting this week, did I evap maple wine?
Can you distill a liquor out of it?
How does it all taste?

brookledge
03-29-2004, 10:00 PM
i just had a friend of mine take 5 gallons of sap to try a recipe for maple sap wine he has never made any before but said that those that had made the recipe before left good feedback on the web sight. when and if he is sucessful i'll reply again to let you know how it turns out. he has made alot of different kinds of wine and its always been good. time will tell

syrupmaker
03-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Yes sir you can make some fine wine from maple syrup.Most of the meads that are used for a sweet wines are a high sugar percentage.It only takes about a quart and a half to make up a 5 gallon carboy.I usually give a 1/2 gallon to my cousin and he whips it up for me. (He keeps what is not used for the wine for himself) I would have to get with him for the recipe he uses if any body would want to try it.He has made 3 batches so far for me,with each batch haveing different character. The last batch he made is almost a brandy type consistancy and very smooth.Not sure of the alchohol content in it,but i know a bottle between 3 people and the circus begins.

Rick

WF MASON
03-30-2004, 04:32 AM
A few years back , a guy I worked with made his own beer , and he asked me for 6 gallons of sap to make a batch , he replaced the water with sap and added a little syrup. All his hop ect. are hand ground. I'm not a big beer drinker , but the bottle he gave me was like a dark larger, very thick, and it also had a kick.

DougM
03-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Here is a recipe I found with a quick search, I'm sure there are more out there.
http://brewery.org/gambmug/recs/1003169902-30047.shtml