PDA

View Full Version : 7/16 tubing taps

maplekid
02-23-2008, 06:43 PM
i am in the process of adding a couple more buckets to my operation for next year and im wandering will 7/16 tubing spouts work for buckets. im planning on going to the bakeries and getting 5 gal buckets and drilling a hole in the side and sliding it on the spout. im trying this method becuase real bucket spouts cost 100-200$ and a 100 tubing spouts cost 30-40.

maplehound
02-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Maple kid
I have used the plastic spouts on buckets many times. As long as the hole in the bucket goes over the spile, it should hold with no problem.

maplehound
02-23-2008, 07:01 PM
But if you want some metal spiles let me know. I have a few around that i let go once in a while to local newbies that want to make some syrup for themselves.

super sappy
02-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Maple kid - If you let us see your pics I will send you 5 - 7/16" grimm stainless bucket spouts. Now look- I know that you are up and coming Sugar maker and if your parents dont want you to show pics then I can fully understand as I have kids of my own and they have internet rules, thats ok give me your adress(PM) and I ll mail them at the end of the season anyway.I am sure that others on here have been following your progress and will match my offer to see how you are coming along. SS

maplekid
02-23-2008, 07:47 PM
well im going to be buying a 4x4 patriot syrup pan and was planning on adding a hundred or so buckets. i see that rmg sugar bush has them by the hundred for 30 dollars and the bakeries said i can come get the buckets as i please. hey are you tapped up there in columbiana?

peacemaker
02-23-2008, 07:58 PM
also threre always on ebay ... dont let ss pressure u ...lol
just tell him u have a germany sheppard ...lol

markct
02-24-2008, 08:57 AM
just curious why ya want to go 7/16 i remember when i was little my father using a dozen of them for making syrup on the camp stove, they were a pain to drill with a cordless drill, only a few holes per charge, altho that was with cordless tools from the late 80s so alot has changed. but either way the 5/16 sound so much less stressfull on the tree, and you can still use your buckets just put them on the ground with a tube running to them. or if you are going to go with 7/16 taps im sure ya could get some used cheap, when i was at bascombs last fall they had pails full of 7/16 taps, for 35 cents each and up.

Russell Lampron
02-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Maplekid,

You need to go into the settings on photobucket and change it so that your albums are shared so that we can see your pictures.

Congrats on the new pan.

Russ