PDA

View Full Version : Tapping in North Andover

turtlemaple
02-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Looks like we'll be tapping this weekend - hoping to have all taps set by Sunday. Yes, this is at least a week early, but looking at the 10 day forecast it looks like we'll have some really good days. And we don't have the time to tap during the week, so if not this weekend then next...but we're not waiting. We have hung tubing already to support about 350 taps. We have to put up tubing today for the remaining 150. Thought we were ahead of schedule, but based on the upcoming forecast, we'll be tapping on Sunday. I know...there are a couple of cold days coming, but after Monday 6 of the next 8 days are forecast in the 40's.

We're also busy, busy on our website...if you have a chance, check out our blog which is an ongoing story of our activities. www.turtlelanemaplefarm.com

Best to all!

Paul & Kathy

VtSugarhouse
02-23-2008, 06:34 PM
I started tapping today and this is a week late from the past 3-4 years. Looking at our weather forcast I dont see any runs for at least a week or so.
The only problem we are having is usually a team (2) can tap 400 - 500 taps a day. We have 4 feet of snow under us today and looks like about 300 is all we can get in a day. (about 5 hr. day) My help is a little slow on the weekends....we shall tap again tomorrow. The high for the day today was 24 and there were not any trees running even in the sun.
I predict it should be running in about 2 weeks here.

Good Luck to all for the 2008 season