PDA

View Full Version : BME stainless spouts or equivalent

DS Maple
02-21-2008, 10:12 PM
In talking with a sugaring friend of mine this afternoon the topic of these stainless spouts came up. Has anyone here had any experiences with them; positive or negative? We discussed switching some collection systems over to them if they really reduced the microbial growth over the course of a season. A question that came about was what to do when flushing lines. With the typical 5/16 leader spouts that I use the water that is pumped into the lines squirts out of the first spout and then I put the spout back onto the spout "T" so that it is closed and the water can continue flowing up the line. What I am unsure of is whether not these BME spouts that Bascom's sells can be put into the "T" temporarily so that the water can flow up the entire line when cleaning. Then after cleaning the lines and removing the stainless spouts, what does one do about closing off the system for the rest of the year. Do the ends of the drop lines remain open, or is there a relatively easy way to close them off?
Any input would be great.

jemsklein
02-22-2008, 05:37 AM
ok go back Bascom's an grabe the spout and grabe a tee and see if they fit together

maplecrest
02-22-2008, 06:03 AM
some fit some do not. the object is to use the big spout tees pull the ss spout off the tube of drop and put tube on tee when washing. take spout home