PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to new Mass Maple president

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Congrats are in order for Mapleman3(Jim) being named the new president of the Mass Maple association. For any of you that know Jim, they could not have picked a better guy. He may not be the most experienced sugarmaker in the US, but he has what it takes and is a tremendous guy and you will never meet a better guy no matter how long you live or where your travels take you!

3 cheers for mapleman3 and the Mass Maple assoc!!!!!!!!!!

PS Yes he makes syrup that is as good as anyone has tasted, what I meant is that he may not have 40 years experience that others have but is a great sugarmaker!!!

mapleman3
02-19-2008, 09:05 PM
GRRRRRRRR Thanks Bud, Last time I tell you something.....;)

Thanks... I will try to do my best, so if anyone needs questions answered or suggestions for Mass Maple Producers Assoc.I will help get them answered.

And Don't forget Mass Maple is hosting the North American Maple Syrup Council Meeting/trade show this October24th-27th at Umass Amherst. It will be a fantastic few days, with lots of tours workshops, tech seminars and a big trade show..... More info soon

Also The "March is maple month" kickoff is Friday March 7th in North Andover Ma. at Paul Boulanger and Kathy Gallagher's Turtle Lane Farm 978-258-2889 . if anyone is interested you can call and let them know. it should be a big showing for the ceremonial tapping.

Well thats about it for now

saphead
02-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Congrats from up here in the hills! I'm sure you'll do a great job.Already looking forward to the conference in the fall,easy drive.We have an overhaul scheduled @ work so I'll put in my vac. days now. Speaking of overhauls,I'm scheduled to get a hernia fixed right in the middle of sugaring season.Just informed the farmers I work for,this will be only the 2nd season in 36 that I won't be tossing wood into an evaporator! Oh well, can't cry over spilt abdomans.

Russell Lampron
02-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Welcome back Jim and congratulations on the presidency. Good luck and have a good season.

Russ

brookledge
02-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Congrats Jim.
Craig hope your "overhaul" goes smoothly and quickly for you. Sucks that it has to happen during the season. Sucks period
Keith

mapleman3
02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks Guys, it should be interesting to say the least. Craig, Good luck, maybe this year you can sit back and enjoy the boil and not get burnt out like the rest of us :)

Mike
02-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Congrats Jim!!!! I was wondering where you where! Have you made any syrup yet? Hope you have a great year...............Mike

turtlemaple
02-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Yes, Jim, Congrats - and good luck!

Thanks for the plug for the maple kickoff event. Wanted to let people know that this is going to be a huge event, and all are welcome. As of last count we're expecting over 200 people. We'll have a food tent with 5 local restaurants serving maple products, and we rented a port-a-potty!

We have high hopes that the governor might attend to read the proclamation, as we have 10 state reps attending who all sent notes to Patrick's "scheduler". We have an ambassador program with the elementary schools who are sending reps from each of their 3rd grade classes. We have a bunch of local businesses and politicians, lots of neighbors, colleagues and friends, and the press. We even got the local police to provide a detail to deal with parking issues. Should be a fun day!

If you're interested in attending, it's on March 7th from 10:30 - 12:30. For more details check out our website at www.turtlelanemaplefarm.com.

Again, Congrats Jim!

Paul & Kathy

mapleman3
02-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi Paul Thank you and also congrats on you hosting this year... I have your "Ceremonial Bucket" and will bring it out on that Fri. Great thing your doing, I had read up on some of your PR and it sounds like it will be a fun time. I have also thought about calling or Emailing Patricks office, giving some stats that Mass has a good amount of producers and also plugging that "Other states" have their govenors show up for these AG events. If you have the email address can you send it to me, otherwise I will look it up. We are looking forward to seeing you all.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
03-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Shoot=if i wasn't layed up in the hospital/as being the governor i could have filled in and i at least know how to tap pine trees anyways LOL

mapleman3
03-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't know. We do have a lot of teleophone poles. That could hold a bucket each !! ;)