PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow

325abn
02-16-2008, 04:51 PM
I think I will put some taps out tomorrow hopefully get enough to sweeten the pan a bit!!

Its going to be in the mid 30s tommorrow and 50 on Monday then cool off again.

Enyone else going to tap?

white mt
02-16-2008, 05:53 PM
I Dont Plan On Taping Out For 2 Weeks From Todays Date .but I May Test The Waters Some Before March 1st.let Us All Know How Things Go.dan

DS Maple
02-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I certainly hope to start sometime in the middle of this week and maybe finish by the end of the coming weekend. We also have to get into the sugarhouse and make sure everything is in working order again. One can never tell how much of a task that is going to be.

325abn
02-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Well I changed my mind and did not put out any taps. The ten day is just not favorable. Soon though.

VtSugarhouse
02-17-2008, 05:54 PM
I have started to tap this weekend for the past 3 years, but not this year.
I was at the sugar house today and I had to shovel over 3 feet of snow (which has come in the last 2 weeks) off my 6,500 gallon storage tank.
Last month I checked all my lateral lines and main lines with ease and today some are still burried and I estimate at least 4 feet of snow in the woods.

I am planning to start tapping in 2 weeks now after looking at the weather forcast.

Mac_Muz
02-19-2008, 04:17 PM
I am just a little back yard hobbyist,, but for what it is worth I live in Tamworth NH and we for sure have 4+ feet of snow in the woods.

In the next day or so my barrel rig and pan will be ready. My little things are coming together pretty well since I hadn't planned to make sugar at all this year.

I won't have over 15 taps, but I might work as hard with these as some real big guys do just the same. My goal might be 5 measly gallons. For personal use.

This rig has a pan now 21" wide x 6" deep x 34.75" long. It will be interesting to see it work, compared to what I can recall from the last rig, which was similar, but wirh a 24" x 24" pan.

By the coming weekend I hope to set a test tap somewhere.

MaplePancakeMan
02-19-2008, 04:26 PM
You know you guys could tap earlier if you had shared some of your snow with some of us less fortunate snow people to the south of you. Our snow pack is completely gone now and the ugly grass is showing itself, but even here after tapping it got very cold and the trees didn't run. Should be opening up from south to north very soon.

Mac_Muz
02-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Oh have I got a deal for you! You can come get all the metric tons of snow for free you want, any ol' time!

see here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=27287&l=a4e40&id=682617022

maple flats
02-19-2008, 07:03 PM
We also have no snow in most places. I was running some tubing today on an east slope and had from 0-4" except in a few drifts. The weather still has not thawed the trees. I was planning to tap this week but will wait til the first warm day to start. Meanwhile I keep adding more tubing in my new bush.

325abn
02-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Based on the ten day I think Saturday is the day.

white mt
02-20-2008, 08:51 AM
I my area the white mt of nh the snow is over my main lines in many spots and in some spots over the taps themselvs . mabe I can start tapping in may.

3% Solution
02-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi guys,
Still waiting here, real cold at night, not warm enough during the day.
Should be soon, I can feel it getting near!!!!
Maybe next weekend!!
Have to wait and see!
Stay safe out there!

Dave

Mac_Muz
02-20-2008, 08:35 PM
At posting time I have 14.7 degrees F out and it was snowing a little while ago. There will be a total lunar eclipse tonight about 10 PM..

In my less than worthy opinion we are more than several days away fro tapping in tamworth.