PDA

View Full Version : collection containers

maple man-iac
02-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Im located in Imlay City Michigan north of Detroit. Im looking for both plastic barrels and the 4x4 liquid tote containers. I have been trying Pepsi in Detroit with not much luck. They told me they do sell them for a buck, however I havent been able to get a hold of the right contact there. Any other ideas would be very helpful. Thank you.

tappin&sappin
02-06-2008, 05:16 PM
maniac,

I get 55 gal juice drums from welchs near where I live. They cost a dollar. I typically call ahead, but sometimes just stop by and talk to the lady in the guard shack. They have always had some on hand, and she just lets me go around and get them.

Maybe you should just make a drop in or call and ask for the guard house?

- Jake

firetech
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
maplr man-ia I alsso tried to find those items in Mich but to no avail, many here sugest sterile or rubmermaid totes from Wally world or Lowes. You can go to TSC look at the truck tanks 210gal for 229$ or so. You will know what been in it and how clean it is. Good luck. Herb near Lansing

The Sappy Steamer
02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
I e-mailed the Coke bottling plant in Buffalo N.Y. about buying some used containers from them about a month ago. Within 15 mins I got a real nice phone call from the manager of operations there and he told me it was a violation of their agreement with Coke to pass along any containers in any way, due to the extremely caustic nature of the ingredients in soft drinks. He went on to say that I would not find any soft drink manufacturing facility that would sell them and they must be destroyed to avoid reuse. I had heard of many people using them, but thought maybe they had a friend in the business or something. I wonder what the real deal is? I'd like to find a source for something similar myself. I've got a couple 60 gal ones that have rings that hold the lid on. They came from a winery, and are real easy to clean. I haven't had much luck finding more though.