PDA

View Full Version : Syrup keg dispenser

DMF
07-26-2024, 08:47 AM
I recently bought some stainless steel 1/2 kegs from a brewery to use for bulk storage of finished syrup. I had been using the plastic carboys but never really liked them and I didn't trust the handles on them when dumping them into the bottler. Kegs hold about 7-1/2 gallons so emptying them was going to be a chore. I could use the pump on my filter press, but I wasn't too keen on that idea. I know there are air-operated dispensers that the big guys use for their drums so I decided to make a smaller version for my kegs. It's pretty self-explanatory but I used a 2" to 1-1/2" reducer. drilled and tapped fgor a 1/4" pipe thread in the side of the adapter and drilled a hole in a 1-1/2" sanitary fitting cap for the 1/2" pipe. A friend's son is an awesome welder who rarely TIG welds (he does bridges, truck frames, etc.) so he apologized but the welds came out fantastic!

I could have done it many different ways but I went this way with the two clamps in case I ever got different sized kegs. That way I could make different 1-1/2" caps with different length pipe welded to them and use the same 2" to 1-1/2" base.

*Edit* I can't upload my pictures....??? :confused: