PDA

View Full Version : New Lapierre Releasers

maplwrks
02-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I just got a look at the new Lapierre releaser that just came out. It is good for 400-500 taps, very compact, and all moving parts are internal. This is a sweet unit for a producer that has a small orchard that they want to put vacuum on. With a little engineering, this releaser will fit down inside of a plastic tank manhole. This has always been a problem with the verticle releasers in that they were too large to fit into a plastic tank. Lapierre also came out with a new horizontal releaser that is good for 1500 taps. Both of these units are pretty SWEET!! They are not in the new catalogs for 2008 though.

sweetvt
02-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Shouldn't you be working???(ha, ha) I saw the same one at the VT Farm Show last week! I agree, a nice releaser and relatively afforable for a smaller producer in this day and age of maple price increases.

Grade "A"
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
any idea what they are getting for the releaser?

sweetvt
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM
right around 500 Washingtons if I remember correctly

NH Maplemaker
02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Bascoms new catalog has them listed for $575.00 !!

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Speaking of Bascoms, I have bought off of them for many, many years and their service is great. I am about done with them as they have went thru the roof with shipping. Used to be they would charge you close to what the shipping cost was. Last couple of years they have gotten greedy and appears they want about double the shipping cost just for handling. Shame what the industry is coming to with all the greed among the dealers and manufactures. About like $ 200+ gallon stainless pan from D&G that you could get for $ 20 on ebay. I was in business for myself for a number of years and with an accounting degree, I know how to crunch numbers, but they are marking up stuff out of sight sometimes 300 to 400 percent or more above their cost and and if that was not enough, then raping you on shipping.

nmerritt
02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I just set up a new Lapierre horizontal releaser over my SS storage tank. I now have everything coming into my addition. I set my releaser on 2x12’s which sits on the tank. I then boxed it in and used heavy duty fiberglass screen with pre filters to filter all the sap as it dumps. I have been pleased with Lapierre’s service and prices. Better than others I’ve looked at.

gmcooper
02-06-2008, 07:10 AM
I saw the new Lapierre releaser last weekend. Nice unit and simple. Reaonable price when you compare it to the others on the market.

Brandon I haven't run into the shiping issues with Bascoms. Had roll tubing and 500 fittings shipped for $10.00 a few weeks ago and it was here about 25 hours after I called in the order. Now a couple years ago Maple Pro charged me $17.00 to ship a bolt and nut to me and it took 2 weeks plus to get it. As for D&G they are so far off the chart with pricing. They could buy everything they sell retail from some one else and resell at their catalog price and still make good money.

I guess we all have places we like to deal with and some we don't. Other wise we would only have one choice and we know what would happen then to prices.

maple maniac65
02-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Glen Goodriches in Cabot VT sold me a Lapierre releaser for $825 last weekend. This is the single vertical mechanical type good for 1000 taps.It pays to shop around.

ennismaple
02-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Interesting... At that price I've got a hillside with 150 taps on it that I'd be willing to switch over to vacuum. It would only take a couple of years to pay for the releaser...

Mike
02-06-2008, 07:45 PM
I went to Maple Pro today to get a spring for my hand tool for putting spouts on....The crazy fools wanted $11.00 for it...........Waiting for Lapierre to give me a price.........Brandon, your right about the price gouging.......

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Good to know about Bascoms, maybe they backtracked a little. I ordered a small box of supplies a few months ago and the shipping was outrageous and the last couple of orders have been like that. It would be one thing if they weren't making much on the supplies to charge extra for the shipping, but that seems the way of the maple suppliers, $ 11 for a 50 cent spring.

I ordered most of my stuff from the maple guys for the last 3 years and if you haven't tried them, then you won't be sorry. Chris and Kim are awesome to deal with and very fair.

jemsklein
02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
well i usally go to home depo or a big box store and buy my pipe fittings and my pipe wich is $.18 a foot compared to my local maple guy wich is $.22 a foot but when you need some thing for maple like the 5/16th fittings you have to go to the local guy