PDA

View Full Version : Thermometers

325abn
02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
What kind of thermometers are you using? How many different points in your pan do you monitor?

I just ordered a digital "K" type with two inputs. I plan to put one probe at my draw off valve and one in my flue plan. I will run wire from the pan to my table so I can monitor those two points at the same time.

super sappy
02-05-2008, 04:37 PM
What kind of thermometer did you buy. I am in the market for a 2 prong job. I will put one end in the flu pan to tell me where sap is starting to boil for any given day. And the second probe I will put in the center partition of my syrup pan where the two pans meet. It seems like once your pan is sweet and you put up a new fire the boil starts in that area and you make syrup in that spot then it burns wile your drawoff thermometer is still reading 215 degrees.Something with a temp alarm might be nice.Just something to remind me to use my scoop and pull it along in case I am distracted. I have an old grimm that I can use but I like a digital better> SS

jemsklein
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM
i just got one of of ebay and they are very good i just had to buy the probe with the 1/4 thread

hard maple
02-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Anyone wanna buy a digital thermometer. let me know