PDA

View Full Version : Game of Logging

maplehound
02-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I spent the day yeasterday in the woods learning how to properly cut a tree down. It was the 3'rd course in the Game Of Logging series. I don't know how many on here have ever heard of it but I do highly recomend everyone on here take the course. If you don't know much about it check out the web site that they have. Just put Game Of Logging into your search engine and it should take you right to it. Every one who has ever cut a tree down or is going to cut one down should take the course and I am willing to bet that includes most all of use on here.

Fred Henderson
02-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I attend our local maple pro weekend and sit all day in a chain saw saftey class. I came away with a whole different idea on how to fell trees and sharpen a chain.

maple flats
02-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I second the Game Of Logging. I took courses 1 & 2 last summer. Since then I have not had a tree fall the wrong way, have not gotten hit by spring poles and I use the chainsaw much more safely. I also get a better sharpening job on my chains. This was money very well spent. I plan to take the 3rd course this summer if I can get in on a class close enough to me.

saphead
02-03-2008, 07:11 PM
The Game of Logging is the course to take! I took levels 1-4 a couple years ago and would recommend it all. Level 4 was very interesting learning how to safely fall hung up trees. I know longer worry about hanging up a tree if I'm trying to keep from hitting a maple.

Breezy Lane Sugarworks
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I took levels 1 through 2 or 3 while I was in my forestry program at vocational in high school. Lots of knowledge to have in the back of your head all the time.