PDA

View Full Version : N.Y. Maple Conference?

Bucket Head
01-22-2024, 07:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here went to the conference this year? If so, how was it? I could not attend it and I have not seen any comments on it so I was just curious.

Thanks.

Steve

Bucket Head
01-25-2024, 08:23 AM
Wow. Nobody? I remember when there were all sorts of conversations on here both prior to and right after the conference every year. The seminar topics, the speakers and what was seen and learned was always an enjoyable read.

Steve

Maplewalnut
01-25-2024, 08:53 PM
Its a different trader crowd for sure, I am rarely on here anymore. I didnt go to show this year, tapping earlier and earlier in Pa and needed to get ready

Bucket Head
01-26-2024, 08:22 AM
Agreed. Not much traffic on here compared to how it used to be. Anyway, thanks for the reply and good luck this season!

Steve

maple flats
02-03-2024, 06:32 PM
I didn't find an evaporator I liked yet. I still have some barrels of syrup, but I'll definitely need an evaporator for the 2025 season. Since selling me 3x8 I've just been working on selling my existing stock, but that will be gone by this time next year.
I bought another Ray Gingerich 250 RO and I still have my 2x6 propane finisher, looking for a 2x5 or 2x6 evaporator, no lead solder please. Any of you going bigger after the 2024 season looking to sell a good condition 2x5 or 2x6 evaporator, within 150 miles of Oneida, NY let me know. I've seen plenty on Facebook marketplace, but nothing that made me act. I'll keep looking.

Pdiamond
02-03-2024, 06:41 PM
Glad that you are looking to get back at it, Dave.