PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Mainline Fittings

miohman
01-11-2024, 08:16 PM
Does any one know if MES stainless barbed fittings are similar to, say Lapierre's, where the inside dimension of the fitting is the nominal pipe size thus not restricting flow?

darkmachine
01-11-2024, 09:03 PM
All my stainless mainline fittings are from MES so i can't comment on another dealer, but the construction seems to not restrict the flow, the fitting walls are much thinner than any plastic fitting i have every seen. I can take a measurement if you are interested.

miohman
01-12-2024, 06:08 AM
If it isn't to inconvenient. curroius as to the Inside dimension of the 3/4" and 1" fittings.

darkmachine
01-12-2024, 08:06 AM
Looks like pretty close to 3/4 on the 3/4" fitting that I had close by. There is also a slight bevel on the interior, i'm assuming that helps with flow too.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xsBiSRf4ABDzG7nS6

darkmachine
01-12-2024, 10:04 PM
Just got in a box of MES fittings and put the ruler to them. There is a little variance in wall thickness between the 1" and the 3/4", the 1" walls being thicker. The 'Y' fittings that combine two 3/4" into one 1" seem to have a little bit larger ID than the straight 1" unions, but hey way better than anything else i've seen used. For me on the flat ground they work great.