PDA

View Full Version : Labels

bryankloos
12-22-2023, 09:55 AM
Hello All,

Im curious what you are all doing for custom labels.
I'd like to find an affordable source of custom labels that wont break the back for glass bottles.
All hlep is appreciated.
Thansk,
Bryan

buckeye gold
12-22-2023, 10:38 AM
I used Avery permanent labels and designed and printed my own for years. Just search avery design and print and it walks you right through. The labels I used held up well. They would even survive the dish washer but the ink would wash out some. I have a template on my old computer if you'd like to look at one I can post it here after I take my personal info off. I just have to get the old lap top out.

mainebackswoodssyrup
12-22-2023, 12:22 PM
We use Vistaprint for our labels. For a small fee they will work with you to design something. When ordering, volume = discounts and they always have 40-50% off coupons if you look for them. Probably still more expensive than making your own but they are glossy print, water resistant and stick very well.

DRoseum
12-22-2023, 04:29 PM
I use sheetlabels.com for clear permanent labels. They can print colors, including white. I have been incredibly pleased with the quality, price and durability of these.

I buy them on a roll and they often have 20% off deals amd free shipping.

Example of what mine look like can be seen here (i order a size that fits the 250ml leafs, 12 oz bottles, and 1000ml bottles):
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi4HWiMs_gcTjR8hX2ILj07xRNqLWFPtDSb2kd1Lh_Pbh QqvpqnVKm9VKy_x45y-f6vKuDTjSCP_HoRT-p19TiXzYcZUnKLIjBABcttuDIzpybi1bn5fLAKMu9YSN1-nhPkPTSj6nL6rouk-4oqwul0c3YWTpyv3wMKAhoFgvcgwurfGgZJ5n5ZTQrJvQ/w945-h600-p-k-no-nu/rms-bottles-sugarbush.jpg

Gord
12-23-2023, 07:31 AM
+ 1 on Vistaprint. You can use your own pics you have stored to make your own labels. Once you get in there and get used to navigating all the shapes, sizes, fonts, colors, and everything else they have, it gets fun. Prices are reasonable, and like is said above, they're always having sales. I would recommend going to the site on your desk or laptop. Navigating the site on your phone isn't easy, because they have so many options.

SeanD
12-24-2023, 07:35 AM
I use https://syruplabels.com/ for my glass bottle labels. I made my own for years and just got sick of the hassles I always ran into with my printer, ink, laptop getting older, etc. The labels I made also didn't like the humidity, rain, and handling on market days. So, I made the jump to having them made by a professional. There's a one-time upcharge for the first batch as they do the setup. After that you are just paying for the label and I think it's free shipping. Every January they do a big discount where I paid $229 for a roll of 1000 labels back in 2020. I'm small time so that lasts me a long time. It's more than the pennies I would pay making them myself, but it's hard to put a price on hassle-free. They do look really nice, too. I added a picture of my sugarhouse as the background.

I'm not sure how they compare to Vistaprint. I think Vistaprint was pretty basic when I made the switch way back. I'll check them out. Maybe they've upped their game.

johnallin
12-27-2023, 03:51 PM
I use https://syruplabels.com/ for my glass bottle labels. I made my own for years and just got sick of the hassles I always ran into with my printer, ink, laptop getting older, etc. The labels I made also didn't like the humidity, rain, and handling on market days. So, I made the jump to having them made by a professional. There's a one-time upcharge for the first batch as they do the setup. After that you are just paying for the label and I think it's free shipping. Every January they do a big discount where I paid $229 for a roll of 1000 labels back in 2020. I'm small time so that lasts me a long time. It's more than the pennies I would pay making them myself, but it's hard to put a price on hassle-free. They do look really nice, too. I added a picture of my sugarhouse as the background.

I'm not sure how they compare to Vistaprint. I think Vistaprint was pretty basic when I made the switch way back. I'll check them out. Maybe they've upped their game.

Shawn at Syrup Labels does an outstanding job IMO. Fast turnaround and the quality is first class. Much better than printing your own and gives the finished product a professional appearance.

TCLLMaple
03-30-2024, 06:45 PM
We have been using Printrunner.com Very satisfied and I belive a little cheaper than vistaprint. Obviously, volume is cheaper