PDA

View Full Version : Membrane replacement

peterjd89
12-04-2023, 11:37 AM
I have a leader mini extreme two and I've been looking for new membranes does any one know what kind of specs you need for aftermarket membranes that are similar to the filmtec or where to get them I'm just price checking thanks

carls47807
12-06-2023, 11:25 AM
We have maple specific 4x40 membranes, we sell them for $225 (ro bucket). We have been using them for 4 years now in our single and double post machines with good performance.

Rselleck91
12-26-2023, 05:53 PM
Nitto 4” espa4 is what ya need. I like when they get called “maple specific” as the are a hydraunics membrane still used for water purification. $225 isn’t bad most dealers what something like $400 for them but also available all over the place on line

carls47807
12-28-2023, 09:32 PM
While it’s true there aren’t any membranes made from scratch to be “maple specific”, we tested over 20 different sheets from a manufacturer and came up with a combination that have good anti fouling properties and good low temp performance. Most membranes are either made for high permeate yield, high rejection, brackish water or salt water. They can’t perform optimally in all situations. The specific sheet we use is definitely not available off the shelf.

darkmachine
12-28-2023, 10:01 PM
I built a 2 membrane 4x40 RO a few seasons ago, and since it was an experiment i wanted to do it on the cheap i ordered membranes off of amazon, Max Water Commercial Extreme Low Pressure RO Membrane Element-XLP-4040 :2300GPDI read that some had mixed experience with them, but for the price i am happy with their performance. I bought an extra set to keep on hand last season but never needed them. Probably if i had a bad experience or poor performance out of them i would try some membranes from MES or another maple specific supplier that has selected their membranes based on the criteria that Carl mentioned.