PDA

View Full Version : UV lights for tanks

Brent
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
The new study being done is, I think, with Sap Steady light that are priced at $3200 on their web site and that is not affordable this year ( or maybe ever for a small producer )

But maybe I can clean up the tanks a bit with some less expensive lights hung or placed inside them.

Anyone got suggestions for a style that works, or a source ???

mountainvan
02-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Clean the tank/ tanks at the end of the day with bleach, triple rinse, clean equipment for the next day. I tried the uv light over the tank, didn't work for me.

Brent
02-02-2008, 10:08 AM
I wish it was going to be that easy. Got a bunch of 275 gallon sap tanks. They're Coke-a-Cola syrup containers, used once. These have some shape molded into them for strength and with a 5" hole in the top it is real hard to get anything in to clean. They are roughly 4' x 4' x 4'

People I play golf with say I have arms the length of a gorilla but they're not long enough to get down in and back up to the corners. So I'm thinking that a real good hosing and then a UV might keep the bacteria under control

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Brent,

One of the bucket brushes with a nice handle would work good for you. You could make the handle just long enough so you could reach everything with your arm inside of the tank. You can suck all the water out of them with a pump, I use my tank and it sucks out faster than my well water sprays in, so I give the water a little start.

MR Electrician
02-02-2008, 02:20 PM
brent if your interested i have some stainless steel storage tanks .
they hold 300 gallons.each
i have 4 available for $600 each.
they have a stainless steel lid and are clean no rust
and have been used for maple syrup before .
plus the tank is insulated on the outside with a steel jacket
they are great for storage .and really easy to clean.
pm me if your interested.
dirk