PDA

View Full Version : Little help, please!

tpathoulas
06-25-2023, 08:32 PM
Hello All,
I need a littel help. We are using 50 ml maple leaf bottles as wedding favors for my son's wedding in August. I have gold shrink wrap but he and his fiancé would like to have gold foil rather than shrink wrap. I can only find foil tops for a 250 ml bottle top. Does anyone know where I can find gold foil caps that would fit small bottles? Even foil caps that would fit a 100 ml bottle would be better than what I can find.
Thanks for your help,
Tom

upsmapleman
06-25-2023, 08:55 PM
Not sure what they want but try Bascoms. They have things for nips. Waxing looks really nice also.

maple flats
06-26-2023, 06:26 PM
Worst comes to worst, make your own. If you determine what diameter is needed, then get a die cutter that size, get some sheets of gold foil and make them. The right size die should be available online.

Potters3
06-27-2023, 05:58 AM
Hopefully this helps. Looks like he has a few different ones in different sizes
https://bascommaple.com/products/glhsc24?_pos=5&_sid=d775caa7b&_ss=r

tpathoulas
06-27-2023, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys!
I am intrigued by the wax idea. I purchased some goil foil but when it arrived I discovered it was crap. I'll keep looking.
Thanks again

maple flats
06-27-2023, 09:43 PM
On my bourbon barrel aged maple syrup I use wax on every bottle, it looks great. If you go that route I highly suggest you buy a cheap wax melter (for waxing hair for removal). I used several methods before I decided to buy a wax melter, that changed waxing from a time consuming to a very simple task. The one I bough uses a 75 watt heating element, and it has an adjustable thermostat. plug it in, set the temp, and do something else for 45-60 minutes, then wax the tops, I dip each bottle in 2x about up to 1" below the cap, then I slowly turn the bottle until the wax is almost set, then I dip it in cold water. When finished, I refill the wax beads, and let it cool. a pound of beads does a few hundred bottles.