PDA

View Full Version : Dr Perkins

Maplewalnut
06-01-2023, 02:58 PM
Since your post is unreplyable, I would be remiss to not express my appreciation for the years of advice and knowledge I have gained by speaking to you in person, attending seminars and of course on this forum. Especially since I sugar in PA. I guess I am one of the old-timers that dont frequent this site or post much anymore but what you have done for this industry is incomparable. Best wishes and best of health to you!

Mike

TapTapTap
06-02-2023, 07:27 AM
We are Vermont Proud to have you as our main source of technical wisdom on maple sugaring. Best wishes and enjoy retirement.

Swingpure
06-02-2023, 04:13 PM
I have to give you a major thank you, your wisdom was extremely beneficial in helping me in my first two years of sugaring. I may have caused you some angst with my questions and observations. Your expertise helped guide me to two successful seasons.

Thank you again and enjoy your retirement. I have been retired for almost 13 years now and have not been bored for one second of it.

MISugarDaddy
06-03-2023, 04:15 AM
Although it is sad to see you leave your position, I wish you the best in your retirement. I have always welcomed your input and advice to this forum. Best wishes to you for a long and enjoyable retirement.

bmbmkr
06-05-2023, 05:24 AM
Congratulations on your retirement. A sincere THANK YOU for all the of the hard work you have put into the industry. I really appreciated meeting you at the Southern Symposium in WV a couple of years ago. My little sugar operation wouldn't have been possible had I not stumbled onto the trader about 12 years ago.

Ben Walker

berkshires
06-05-2023, 09:51 AM
Yet another thank you. I'm not a Vermonter, but I very much appreciate the creative and skilled approach, and the scientific method being applied to syruping. I have a number of scientists in my family, and I know how much work goes into trying to "get it right", and then all the effort it takes to document that research in as clear and as transparent a way as possible.

Thank you for everything you've done, and in particular I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and insight with this forum.

Gabe O

Andy VT
06-07-2023, 09:25 PM
I haven't been here very long or been sugaring very long but I've really appreciated your presence here, Tim, and your work at PMRC. You didn't have to be here on this forum, but you were here. And somehow you kept the respect of us all in a world where scholarship is not always appreciated, perhaps in part by your obvious respect for all here from 1 tap to 100,000 taps (anyone on here with more than that?). You'll be missed.

Super Sapper
06-08-2023, 05:58 AM
I would also like to thank Tim for his contributions to the Maple world. He will be missed and I hope he has a long and enjoyable retirement.