PDA

View Full Version : dumb question

super sappy
02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Do ro,s make noise when you are running them? Are they loud like a compressor, shop vac or something like that. I have never seen one operate.ss

royalmaple
02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
You hear the pumps running. Not very loud though, much less than my air compressors for example.

ennismaple
02-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Same amount of noise as a transfer pump. Essentially that's all that's going on - a high pressure pump is forcing water through the membrane and leaving you concentrate.

We don't notice ours much since it's in a separate heated room. Our sugar camp isn't heated so we had to build a room with an electric heater to keep the membrane from freezing. When we run it we tend to leave the door open so we know when it shuts off and to keep the room from getting too warm as the pump can get kinda warm.

mountainvan
02-01-2008, 09:42 PM
My ro's in a seperate shed. When it's running I know it, not from any other building in my sugaring complex though. It did make a racket when the pressure pump went bad. Thank goodness for warrenties.

802maple
02-02-2008, 03:58 AM
Some of the old R.O. machines with piston high pressure piston pumps were very noisy, but the newer centrifical pumps are very quiet.

Russell Lampron
02-02-2008, 06:12 AM
The noise is basicly a loud hum. Music to my ears during sugaring season.

Russ