PDA

View Full Version : cage tank parts

JeremyHescock
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I have a cage type tank the kind bolted to a pallet and was wondering if anyboy knew where I can get a new valve assembly for it? It got all weathered and broke. It has really coarse threads on it and there is nothing I can find at maple suppliers or hardware stores around. Any help would be great.

Fred Henderson
02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
If you just want to cap it off you can use a Fernco cap.

MR Electrician
02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
ok go to the tsc store buy 12" of blue discharge hose
clamp it to where the valve was then add a 3 ' piece of pipe th the other end of the hose .
now when you dont want the sap to flow just tie the pipe up tp the top of the cage so nothing runs out .then to empty drop the pipe into yr holding tank and away it goes.

i hope that helped.:eek:

Ahnohta
02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
try a farm supply store that sells a wide variety of tanks. They usually will have several types of replacement valves/fittings etc. that may work.

danno
02-01-2008, 07:57 PM
You sir need a buttress thread. I use the same tanks you use. I would not bother trying to replace the valve. Sap freezes in them easily and you wind up snapping them when trying to open them when they are frozen.

Find a local Banjo dealer near you and they will have any connection you need for these tanks. I used this connection (http://www.banjocorp.com/products/prod.asp?PMPN=TA283++++++++++)
The female that you can't see is the same thread as your tank. I screwed the male end into a piece of PVC and plumbed in my own valve. If it's frozen, just put some heat on it or just srew it off and take it inside for a couple minutes or run some hot water through it.

If you can't find a dealer, I can get one for you. He's right down the road from me. My Tractor Supply, plumbing stores HD don't carry them.

Bucket Head
02-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Anyone with cage tank's can also get part's for them here; www.stainlez.com

The official name for these tank's is Intermediate Bulk Container's, or IBC for short.

Steve

royalmaple
02-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Danno is correct, buttress threads. Like a very course wood screw, might only be 3 thread on the fittings. You can go buttress to npt in an adaptor, they are about 12 bucks. If you have trouble finding one, let me know I have an account at the supply house and I can get them. I might even have a couple extras here at the house. Let me know if you can't find one.

FYI, these buttress threads are also very common on juice barrels, coke syrup drums.