PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Help

FarmerJohn
03-24-2004, 11:37 AM
I'm looking for some advice from any of you guys who have put up the 5/16 poly tubing as far as how to put up the end line fittings. The old way of installing the end was to wrap around the last tree on the run and put a tee or y that brought the tubing back into itself. This way meant that you have sap in the tubing around the tree. However, I see that IPL and others use a different method, but its not clear from the catalogs. Anyone have a clear photo they can send or put up on the site? Thanks.

powerdub
03-25-2004, 07:53 PM
I have also used those end 'y' connectors but found them to somewhat difficult to put together. I have switched to the end ring connectors from leader. They too have no dead space and you can tighten your line from either end as they will kink themselves without kinking the tubing. They are a lot faster to put on as well. Nothing against the 'y' connectors as I have a lot of them out there and they are holding up well but I like the end rings from leader better.

Salmoneye
03-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Ayuh...

I will stick with the new Leader end rings too...Slide the line through the loop, go around the tree and connect to the 'L'...Connect a drop to the other side of the 'L' and go...Slide the whole rig to tighten...I am very impressed...

FarmerJohn
03-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the info, guys. I'll give both methods a try to see which works best for me. I'm getting ready to put up a hundred or so new taps for next year and want to use the rigid poly tubing for these new ones. Anyone try the SS mini taps to see how they work?