PDA

View Full Version : Auto draw relocation help

DMF
03-23-2023, 09:21 AM
My auto draw is mounted on the draw-off side of the evaporator (see photo) which is kind of convenient, but it gets sticky and I think I’d like to move it. A couple of questions I have are:

I will definitely need lengthen my temperature probe wires to get them through my conduit runs and to the wall; what do use for wire and how/can I splice them?

Can I just use regular thermocouple wire?

I have a separate probe in each side and we currently switch the connection at the controller from whichever side we are drawing from; I'd like to have a switch at the new controller location so I can switch where the controller is reading from without having to disconnect wires each time. Can anyone recommend a switch to use?

Thanks in advance!

Hkb82
03-23-2023, 11:06 AM
Just a thought but what about putting it on a movable mount. I took a piece of one inch pipe about 5.5 feet long and welded it to as 25 pound weight set weight. Then made a piece to put on my control box so it would slide in the pipe at the top. Painted it and works great. Super stable. I also made a piece for the wall so it can slide in there but find the stand is perfect.

Hkb82
03-23-2023, 11:07 AM

Hope that works I have a hard time posting pics on this site.