PDA

View Full Version : Pan Design Help

xulgiy
01-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Hello All,

I have just found this site and am excited to find all of this info. Thanks a bunch! Here is my question:

I have boiled on a barrel type 1/2 pint rig for about 6 years and I have grown to dislike it. I found a 275 gal oil tank and have an 18 ga. SS sheet on order. My brother has a shear and bender and told me to design what ever I want...he'll bend it and I'll TIG it together. 1) Should I have him bend flues into the pan?
2) what would be the most efficient way to go, one single pan or two? It looks like most of you use a flat single pan and I assume finish with gas. I know folks have pics posted on photobucket....but I cannot access the site. Any help with sizing and design of the pans would be a huge help to me.

Thanks

jemsklein
01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
well first of all how many taps do you have second of all how wide is the oil tank anwer those and ilkl give you some ideas also take a look of my pic you can acess them just click the link below and under albums click new evaporator and it will give you an idea

325abn
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Here is a picture of my raised flue pan. This pan works great on my oil fired oil tank rig. This may give you an idea to start from. Its one pan divided into two sections, a flue section and a syrup section.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/reagantrooper/Evaporator/8-06065.jpg

xulgiy
01-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the reply..the tank is about 27 X 60. I'll be running approximately 40 taps. I'd love to see your pics, but I can't access the link.

jemsklein
01-31-2008, 01:15 PM
there must be some thing wrong with you computer maybe its pop up blocker