PDA

View Full Version : Best source for synthetic filters?

mol1jb
02-23-2023, 11:43 AM
Hey all,

I use a home made vacuum filter with 2 pots, one on top of the other. It works great with filtering syrup in a low amount of time. I am having a little problem with a little niter getting through my synthetic filter (only a very slight amount). I figured this is because my synthetic filters arrive folded in the package. Usually I just order a 36x36 synthetic and cut it into 4 filters. My bottler is a water jacketed so I know that is not the problem. Are there any dealers or places that do not send the synthetic filter folded? Or do you have other thoughts on why I am passing a very small amount of niter through my filter.

Thanks

BAP
02-24-2023, 06:16 AM
Are you using both the think filter and the thin prefilters? Try using some Diatomaceous Earth or filter aid. That will trap the fine particles as you filter.

mol1jb
02-28-2023, 07:26 AM
Are you using both the think filter and the thin prefilters? Try using some Diatomaceous Earth or filter aid. That will trap the fine particles as you filter.

Yes I am using both Pre and final filters. I have tried using DE/filter aid. With DE/filter aid it does make the syrup clearer and remove the fine niter particles but it slows the filtering down quite a bit. So then in conclusion my only choice to improve filtering above just synthetic filters is using DE/filter aid?

Trends
02-28-2023, 11:32 AM
Could you ask your supplier to roll your filters and send them in a mailing or shipping tube. May cost you an extra buck or two but they shouldn't be creased when they arrive.

Pdiamond
02-28-2023, 07:37 PM
How many pre-filters are you using. you should have 5 or 6 on top of the felt filter so you can remove the top one as it gets plugged.