PDA

View Full Version : Season over before it started.

wlatrout
02-12-2023, 04:47 PM
As a maple addict I started working the woods,rebricking the evaporator, adding an extra membrane to the ro,new drop lines and spiles and just getting in the gruve , Then disaster happened, I was trimming limbs off the lines. A limb that I thought was attached came down and knocked me down backwards. I landed on my right hip. Long story short I'm waiting on a hip replacement. So when I get back on my feet I'll finish getting ready for next year. Life is good.

DrTimPerkins
02-12-2023, 06:33 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Pdiamond
02-12-2023, 07:04 PM
Sorry to here about that. Hope you get to feelin better and your surgery goes well.

wlatrout
02-12-2023, 07:16 PM
Thanks, Staying positive looking forward surgery and recovery.

VT_K9
02-12-2023, 08:18 PM
Keep looking ahead. Sorry for the sudden change in events for you. Go visit other sugarhouses to help pass the time.

Mike

maple flats
02-12-2023, 09:49 PM
Most hip replacements take very little time to recover as long as the Dr didn't need to cut across the mussel, but rather seperated it and did his work.
I have a friend who had a new hip replacement, he was walking later that day and said there was very little pain. He was back to work in 3 days time and he is a mason, so it's very physical.

wlatrout
02-13-2023, 08:30 AM
The surgeon said he goes through the front of the hip. Says it heals much faster do to not cutting through muscle M y surgery is not till Mar. 24. I had a cortizone shot earlier and they have to wait 60 days before they can do the surgery. So trying to be patient .