PDA

View Full Version : Tapped (and boiled) in Woodville

SeanD
02-10-2023, 05:27 AM
I tapped on Monday, 2/6 - the second earliest tap date for me, gave the devil his share and started collecting on Wed. Leaks abound, so I know what I'm doing this weekend. First boil was last night. Hopefully the deep freezes keep popping up on the forecast and keep things going. Good luck to everyone!

berkshires
02-10-2023, 02:47 PM
Good luck on your season!

Gabe

SeanD
03-23-2023, 05:18 AM
All done in Woodville - or at least most of the trees are. I'll be cleaning up for weeks. I'm surprised the sap flowed as well as it did into yesterday, but on the other hand nothing should surprise me about this season. I think every kind of record was broken this year. It was the longest (44 days) and the sap was very sweet. I made more syrup than I thought was possible with what I have and that's with an underperforming pump at my best spot and losing a couple days when the starter went on my Ford Sap Hauler.

Good luck to everyone still going.

berkshires
03-23-2023, 10:55 AM
All done in Woodville - or at least most of the trees are. I'll be cleaning up for weeks. I'm surprised the sap flowed as well as it did into yesterday, but on the other hand nothing should surprise me about this season. I think every kind of record was broken this year. It was the longest (44 days) and the sap was very sweet. I made more syrup than I thought was possible with what I have and that's with an underperforming pump at my best spot and losing a couple days when the starter went on my Ford Sap Hauler.

Good luck to everyone still going.

Congrats on a great season! I plan to wrap up this weekend. I don't know if there will be any more runs after Saturday, but I'm done.

GO