PDA

View Full Version : Fan Speed

backyardsugarer
03-24-2004, 06:36 AM
For any guys out there on new evaporators with fans that are going through too much wood and not evaporating enough, try easing off on the fan a little. I did that and I boil harder and longer on less wood. I must have been blowing some of the heat right out the stack before :oops:

Chris

Fred Henderson
03-24-2004, 07:03 AM
When I had the blower on my I had a reostat on it just for that reason to slow it down. All I was try to do was increase the combustion rate and it worked. But sometimes the stack temp would run away. so I took it off.

Salmoneye
03-26-2004, 05:04 AM
When I run mine I keep the stack temp right around 500...Any more and I am wasting heat...Anyy less and the boil is just not as hard as it could be...

Some days I just can't deal with the added sound and I want it quiet so I don't use it...Days I am not in a hurry...

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Salmoneye,

How is your boil rate coming along with the new flue pan???

Salmoneye
03-27-2004, 06:10 AM
Ya know...

I really have not been paying that close attention as I have been pretty leisurely...I am not sure yet, but it sure 'seems' like I am going faster...I have not had to push to keep up...That will probably change in an hour or so...I have about 225 gallons to do today (not counting what may run)...I will keep an eye on it and see if I can come to a conclusion today...

My 'feeling' is that it is maybe 3-5 gph more evaporative than the old flue pan...

TroutBrookSH
03-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Looking for a recommendation on type/brand of rheostat to use. I installed a speed control for a ceiling fan on my blower and can't get max speed from it. When wired without the rheostat it pushes a lot more air.

Greg

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Any fan will run a lot harder without the rehostat. It is designed to slow down the fan some. If the fan is running wide open, you are probably wasting heat and blowing it right out the stack. :D