PDA

View Full Version : 3" CDL moisture trap leak

cjf12
02-01-2023, 05:12 PM
I finally got my lines and pumps all set. I noticed my new 3" moisture trap from CDL leaks some air through the bottom nipple. I assumed this was for draining the water out but didn't figure it was going to seep air through it. Is this common or something I am not understanding?

ecp
02-02-2023, 07:06 AM
Seeping air in a moisture trap is no common. what level are vacuum are you running and is it leaking from the outside thread of the nipple or from within?

cjf12
02-02-2023, 06:29 PM
Seeping air in a moisture trap is no common. what level are vacuum are you running and is it leaking from the outside thread of the nipple or from within?
It was right around 25"-26". It's leaking enough I could stick a racquet ball on and it held fast. I was hoping to look into it more today but work got in the way.

BradWilson
03-26-2023, 10:03 AM
It was right around 25"-26". It's leaking enough I could stick a racquet ball on and it held fast. I was hoping to look into it more today but work got in the way.

Check for ice. If it doesn't drain completely and then gets cold, the ice will hold it open. Could have some other debris in it as well. Take it off and inspect it. If it's damaged, replace it.