PDA

View Full Version : Leader 3/16 to 5/16 fitting

berkshires
01-31-2023, 08:15 AM
I'm experimenting with tubing, and this year I picked up a leader 3/16 to 5/16 fitting. Previously I had used the CDL one. Well I'm concerned about a leak in the line because the Leader one has only a single barb on the 3/16 side. Have any of you used this fitting? Did you get any leaks? Would you suggest I add a small zip tie behind the barb to get a better seal? Or should I cut it out and just use my CDL one?

Leader (installed):

Used CDL:

Thanks!

Gabe

buckeye gold
01-31-2023, 12:14 PM
I have used the leader fittings, including these for years. I think I had one, maybe two pull apart over the years. I say you'll be fine. I did have issue with some being weak one year and folding over when I pressed them on with the two handed tool

Kbrooks80
01-31-2023, 01:13 PM
I have had a lot of problems with freezing popping the tube off the connector at night. Switched to CDL and have had no problems.

Z/MAN
01-31-2023, 09:15 PM
I switched from Leader to CDL for that single barb reason. Pain in the A-- with fittings pulling apart. No problem with the CDL fittings.

wnybassman
01-31-2023, 10:17 PM
Chalk me up as another that wants nothing to do with 3/16 single barb Leader fittings. Lots of problems when I used them.

buckeye gold
02-01-2023, 05:53 AM
Hmmm, I truly have not had problems with them coming apart. I don't really get the long hard freezes though. I dob't pull my lines quitar string tight either, maybe that's a help. I have them snug but with some give, as long as they are straight with no big swags and down hill I leave them alone.

berkshires
02-01-2023, 08:55 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the input! I'll probably cut out the fitting and replace it with the CDL one I used last year. Since it's a single experimental line, I don't want to risk it leaking or pulling apart.

Gabe