PDA

View Full Version : Tapping Monongalia County - 2023

llew.williams
01-18-2023, 08:39 AM
Put in 80 taps on 1/15
Good sap flow for a couple days.
Waiting till end of the month to finish up. I may save a section for first week in February.
I tapped really early last year and it really bit me, worst yield in 9 seasons here.
I can't wait to fire up RO and evaporator.

darkmachine
01-18-2023, 01:06 PM
I'm in Hardy county and I have definitely had the itch to tap however I'm still in the process of getting my new tubing runs up. It looks like we are going to have some good freezing weather towards the end of the week hopefully I can get my tubing finished and be tapped in by Saturday or Sunday. That is if I can find some help, LOL.

canaanmaple
01-19-2023, 08:32 AM
The temptation has been there for sure because of the persistent pesky up and down weather pattern, but I think we are finally getting that pattern change towards actual winter weather that hopefully will last! We are at a historical record low snowfall amount for the 22-23 season at 25" total with only 5" being this month :O :o Hoping the next month or two makes up for it! :)

llew.williams
01-24-2023, 01:57 PM
added 27 taps today. It was one of those days when every hole that I drilled immediately started dripping.
I'm about 1/2 done tapping now. I will add more on Sunday.
Starting evaporator tomorrow. RO worked well.

220 maple
01-25-2023, 04:06 AM
Yes about every holes drilled was running, got in ca250, you know it’s a good day when there is a “sugar rain” wind not blowing and the trees have so much pressure they are dripping from broken twigs! Nothing like a random drop rattling the leaves.��
Mark 220 Maple