PDA

View Full Version : Everyone tapped in yet?

red maples
01-13-2023, 04:35 AM
I havent started the 2023 thread yet but just figured I drop a line and see how everyone is doing with this weird warm winter weather. I have been just in the woods cleaning crap branches trees down and stuff from the wind storm. fixing main line and replacing mainline stuff like that. Hope every is well. B

eustis22
01-13-2023, 05:31 AM
Everything is ready to go. I am still holding out. I'm concerned March will be too warm.

Amber Gold
01-13-2023, 12:50 PM
Hey Brad,

Not yet, but the weather sure does get you thinking about it. The woods are ready to go. If it's warm enough tomorrow, I may get the hose/brush out and clean tanks and evaporator out...maybe the sugarhouse if I'm feeling ambitious.

red maples
01-14-2023, 11:00 AM
Agreed... I am predicting that If I tap next weekend I will get some sap for a week or so then its just gonna freeze up hard for february then nothing until mid march. I remember 1 year I made like 10 gallons 1week of february then everything froze up until right before maple weekend and made all my syrup last week of march and 1st week of april it was one of my latest seasons boiling april 10th I think then the sap went bad!!!

red maples
01-27-2023, 02:13 PM
Well big freeze up coming. so delay to tapping. been so sloppy in the woods with rain and snow and rain and snow. too much water around once it freezes I will be back in the woods so until then Working in the RO room getting things completely re-plumbed to make it more user friendly for me. just about finished. then need to rewire the blower for the evaporator. I did a throw together job 1st time around when I put it in and its time to do it right. (didn't use armored wire under the sugarhouse and an opossum moved in and chewed the wire...) so we'll get that taken care of.