PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of bucket washing rig

Big_Eddy
01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I want to make a bucket washer for this year - I'm tired of the wet boots from chucking my bucket brush in the drill (hi-speed!) and spraying water everywhere. Anyone able to post pictures of a working set-up? I have a brush, and old furnace fan motor, couple of drills with chucks and enough odds and sods to cobble something together - just looking for ideas to get me started.

I did a search - but the only threads were old and any references to pictures have expired or moved on.

Thanks.

tapper
01-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Big Eddy,
I have a bucket washer. It is just a bucket brush mounted over an old double basin galvenized sink. I mounted a shower head on the side of it to get a good rinse and have to suit up with full rain suit for the day when I wash buckets. I can post some pics of it to my site if you are still interested.

Russell Lampron
01-28-2008, 06:18 PM
I have a Grimm bucket washer. I will try to take some pictures of it this weekend and post them on photobucket with my other pics. It is basicly a 30 gallon barrel turned on it side on a stand with a motor driven brush inside. The end where you wash the bucket is cut away about 1/2 way down.

Russ

Sugarmaker
01-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Big Eddy,
Several of us neighbors pooled equipment and built the one I have now. Some pictures on our web site I think? Used double SST milk house sink. Mounted a motor from a bulk tank on the end . Made a shaft to fit the brush and the motor. Used a bearing from Tractor supply to hold the shaft. This only spins about 40 RPM and does not splash water. ( I used one for years that we had to put on rain coats and pants to use). This seams slow at first but does a nice job on buckets:)

Chris

Big_Eddy
01-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks All. Please do provide pictures if you can and post back here.

Chris - I saw mention of your setup on an earlier post, but your maple album does not seem to be visible on photbucket any more.

I think the most important learning so far is to keep the rpm's down.

I wash my buckets after the season is over, but I always like to rewash before I hang them as they gather dust and flies over the summer. I have been using an electric drill to spin the brush, but it is waaaay too easy to overpress the trigger and spray water everywhere. I've also done the pressure washer thing but I prefer the brush. I use a few drops of dishwashing soap in a large tub of warm water, then rinse off with the hose and set upside down on the snow to drain. Even with a helper - still takes a few hours and we end up soaked. I think with a fixed rotating brush and a proper setup, I should be able to cut that time down significantly. And stay dry. :)