PDA

View Full Version : working in woods

sugarman3
01-05-2023, 04:43 PM
It sure was a nice week so far,getting a lot done ,especially all the wind damage ,a lot of stuff down on lines,luv working on bare ground and not even wearing gloves,good luck to all and hope we have a great season

DMF
01-06-2023, 08:20 AM
My buddy and I went out two weeks ago and cleared all the windfalls and found the squirrel damaged lines. Then we had a significant wind storm so I assume we are back to square one. :(

mainebackswoodssyrup
01-06-2023, 08:45 AM
I walked our woods and cleaned everything up early Decemeber then we got the 26" snowstorm followed by 3" of rainstorm with 60 MPH winds. I figured we would have a lot of damage but it was not bad so hopefully you find the same thing! Got all lines off the ground and mainline tightened up where needed in all 3 bushes last Sunday. The woods work starts Sunday. Good going in the woods right now, almost all our snow is gone.

Bruce L
01-06-2023, 05:53 PM
Got one bush ready to tap today,pretty sure squirrels will have done more damage by tapping time. Next bush has two large hickory trees down over the mainline and some laterals. Lots of squirrel damage there, but losing those two hickory trees may help.