PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof Labels???

evanstj
06-21-2022, 03:20 PM
We are having issues with the labels on the top of our plastic maple cream jars. After taking the cream out of the freezer or fridge to sell, they quickly create condensation and the labels then bleed (even though they were supposed to be "waterproof.") I guess my question is, where do you all get your labels?

Father & Son
06-21-2022, 06:41 PM
Been using these for years. In and out of refrigerator or freezer no problems.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/sheet-labels

johnallin
06-22-2022, 06:08 AM
Call Shawn at Syrup Labels.com.
Been using for 11 years now no issues at all and a great product.

mainebackswoodssyrup
06-22-2022, 06:44 AM
Vistaprint is another option. They can design something for you and print different quantities. Like most everyone, more volume equals lower price.

WMF
06-22-2022, 08:53 AM
You must use a laser printer. Ink jet will always bleed if they get wet. Color laser printers are cheap now compared to what they were in the past.

Father & Son
06-22-2022, 03:19 PM
If you set your ink Jet on glossy photo paper there is absolutely no smudging or bleeding. If you leave it on standard paper setting and print on a waterproof label you will have a mess. Ask me how I know. Been making my own labels for my value added products since 2008.

berkshires
06-23-2022, 02:56 PM
I too use an ink jet to print my labels. Works great, with no smudging or issues when the labels get wet. I bought blank labels from onlinelabels.com, and yes, I use the special glossy paper setting on the printer.

Gabe