PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Wind Storm

PCFarms
05-24-2022, 04:41 PM
All,

We were devastated by the 'Derecho' wind storm in Ontario this last weekend. The brunt of the storm passed right through one of our forests, it was totally leveled. We lost 8,000 of 11,000 trees in that forest. The other forests were ok - only 1-2% of the trees were destroyed.

Prior to this event, I couldn't even have imagined that this type of damage would be possible. I am at a loss for words.

Tony

Sunday Rock Maple
05-24-2022, 07:32 PM
Oh my!

I had heard of the storm but didn't realize how bad it was -- a very difficult providence.

Your profile implies a man of strong vision. May you keep that as a focus as you walk through this very hard time.

Pdiamond
05-24-2022, 07:38 PM
I am sorry to hear you lost so many trees. This storm was very long and destructive. It started out west in the U.S. and continued onward. Where we have our travel trailer in the northern part of Michigan they had baseball size hail. The insurance guy will be up there some time next week to asses the damage.

Swingpure
05-24-2022, 09:45 PM
So sorry to hear about your the loss of your forest. I knew it was bad in the Uxbridge area, I did not realize it was that bad.

We were expecting severe weather here, but in our area, besides from some loud thunder and rain, there was very little damage.

Edit: I read now that an EF2 Tornado was confirmed in the Uxbridge area.

mainebackswoodssyrup
05-25-2022, 06:50 AM
That's terrible, so sorry to hear that. What a mess. We had nothing like that here in Maine but did get some golf ball size hail over the weekend. Luckily no serious damage for us.

ennismaple
05-25-2022, 01:16 PM
Tony - so sorry to hear that you sustained that much damage. I know how hard you and your brothers have worked to build up your operation in such a short period of time.

We got hit hard with probably a few hundred mature century maples down in a couple pockets but nothing close to that magnitude. It seemed the storm hit the oldest trees the hardest. We watched the wind come at us like a wall pulling water upwards off the lake. It was all over in probably 90 seconds.

eagle lake sugar
05-25-2022, 05:57 PM
That's so sad, it's a sugar makers nightmare. I'd get a processor in there and turn them into firewood to recoup your losses.

BAP
05-26-2022, 05:57 AM
That’s a sugarmakers worst nightmare next to forest fire. Sorry to hear about your loss.