PDA

View Full Version : Float replacement for sap to sugar pan float valve

maineboiler
05-08-2022, 12:03 PM
Looking for some advice. It appears the float in my connection from the sap pan to ther sugar pan is defective. It will sink during a boil, which causes the front sugar pan to flood. I have a 2X6 CDL evaporator, I contacted them but they were of no help. Can this part of the float valve mechanism be replaced? Thanks for any suggestions覧覧

mainebackswoodssyrup
05-08-2022, 06:26 PM
Did you talk with Miguel at CDL Maine? He’s a busy guy but I’ve never known him to not help someone out.

ennismaple
05-08-2022, 06:31 PM
Sounds like there's a leak in the float that fills with sap over time? Try submerging the float in water and squeezing it to see where the leak is and get it welded/soldered.

mainebackswoodssyrup
05-08-2022, 07:10 PM
If it’s some welding or fabrication/repair you need done, call Rob at Northwoods Stainless. He’s not doing as much with arches and pans any more but does still do some side jobs as filler work. He’s in Minot, not too far from you.

maineboiler
05-11-2022, 11:47 AM
Thanks! I know of Rob. I値l do a test of the float and see if it needs welding. Sounds like you have a nice set up with your sugaring.

maineboiler
05-11-2022, 11:49 AM
Thanks ennis. I tested it once to see if it would float but I did not do the squeeze test. I値l give it a try

maineboiler
05-11-2022, 11:52 AM
Thanks. I emailed with Mitchell Charon but he stopped replying. How would I get in touch with Miguel?

mainebackswoodssyrup
05-11-2022, 02:10 PM
Thanks. I emailed with Mitchell Charon but he stopped replying. How would I get in touch with Miguel?

I'll send you a private message. If it's a CDL evaporator they should be able to get you a new float. If you want to do repair, stick with Rob. Or better yet- do both and have a backup!