PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Hearing About Evaporator Price Increases?

OrangeAgain
04-30-2022, 03:23 PM
I am thinking of buying an evaporator for the 2023 season and would love to know what folks are hearing about price increases.

Pdiamond
04-30-2022, 08:43 PM
You will probably see the new prices beginning next week. I think most companies ran sales until the end of April.

nhdog
05-01-2022, 01:03 PM
prices are changing often according to my rep. someone said on a thread they had been to a couple of open houses and said he saw a cdl 2x6 for over $12000. that would be in canadian $ but even at the current exchange rate seems to be way out of the park. on line Bascom's listed the same earlier for $7300.00 something. i checked with lapierre and they said thier on line catalog keep prices current, but the don't list prices on equipment of course. and there is only a 5% discount this year

OrangeAgain
05-01-2022, 02:12 PM
You will probably see the new prices beginning next week. I think most companies ran sales until the end of April.

I attended the CDL, Leader & Dominion & Grimm open houses in the St. Albans / Swanton area on 4.22.2022. I did not notice any signs of discounts at any of them. I also get their Facebook posts with no mention of discounts. D&G did say, although there was not signage, that they considered their current prices discounted because they would be increasing prices in a couple of weeks.

TapTapTap
05-01-2022, 07:35 PM
I attended the CDL, Leader & Dominion & Grimm open houses in the St. Albans / Swanton area on 4.22.2022. I did not notice any signs of discounts at any of them. I also get their Facebook posts with no mention of discounts. D&G did say, although there was not signage, that they considered their current prices discounted because they would be increasing prices in a couple of weeks.

My advice to you is that you get back up to Swanton and St Albans first thing tomorrow morning and get a quote from each store. You might just get their open house discounts but there's obviously no guarantee.

DMF
05-02-2022, 08:00 AM
Every single thing is increasing in price. Gas, groceries, glassware, etc. If you're looking to buy an evaporator I'd suggest contacting every major player at the moment and get quotes NOW. Their prices are certainly going to go up and even if we can get out of this massive inflation, I'm sure their prices will not go down. Just my $.02....

upsmapleman
05-02-2022, 11:09 AM
I was thinking of up upgrading to a bigger evaporator. Something in the 4x12 or 4x14 size with natural gas. Quotes came in depending on package. Basic to delux and ranged from 40k to 80k. Will have to think long and hard before I pull the plug on that. Looks like I will have to stick with my 3x12 that is paid for.