PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Maple Equipment Open House

Amber Gold
04-22-2022, 10:25 AM
I haven't seen much of anything about the open houses the equipment companies are having. From Leaders website, I saw they're doing something, but are the other companies as well? I'm planning a trip north tomorrow, but I wanted to make sure it's back to normal.

Also, has anyone heard what the sale offers are being offered by the maple companies?

Thanks

mainebackswoodssyrup
04-22-2022, 05:48 PM
CDL Maine open house next weekend. 10-20% off what they have in stock depending on what it is with some exceptions. Cash and carry.
Bascom too I believe next Friday thru Sunday. I’m not sure what they are offering for discounts on spring orders.

Bruce L
04-24-2022, 02:47 PM
Made the trip down to open houses,took our teenage neighbor along. First down to Huntington to pick up a used Smoky Lake 2x6 in excellent condition for a really good price,then off to show him the open houses. First stop,CDL,closed and nothing on,REALLY,most of us work weekdays so Saturday only option.Then off to Dominion and Grimm,new evaporator running outside,3 x 10 I think,hefty price tag of $50,000, only boiling 90 gallons per hour. Everything completely computerized,including modulating valves for allowing sap in instead of floats. Fired up evaporator and it was chugging black smoke like tires had been thrown in.Neighbor and I both walked away thinking if there’s a power failure while boiling,or something goes wrong and need to flood pan quickly there’s no way to do it. Inside to see equipment,looked at their 2 x 6, a whopping $13,500 !
Next stop Lapierre,no evaporator running,lots of tanks on display,no used equipment tent,big lineups to cash out.
Last stop Leader,checked out the evaporator running,was even having boils to top of dividers in syrup pan with water. Saw new style sight gauge on evaporator,so went in to tour the plant,picked up a new sight gauge,then off for home. Really disappointed after building him up for the open houses that 2 out of 4 of the manufacturers didn’t have any evaporators running. Everything well picked over or low stock at each place we visited. Was hoping DSD would be there with Lapierre like they have been before,will have to contact them about shipping more saddles out

hogisland42
04-25-2022, 06:18 AM
You forgot to go visit h2o!!