PDA

View Full Version : 3/16 is one brand better?

steve J
04-13-2022, 11:07 AM
I had a big issue of chew holes caused by chipmunks and red squirrels. My previous lines lasted 7 years. But these lines were only on 3rd season. The line that was in use was Leader and before I buy new line I wonder if there is any that might be better?

Ultimatetreehugger
04-13-2022, 12:07 PM
I'm a solid believer in 30p 3/16 from leader.

VTnewguy
04-13-2022, 07:18 PM
We have used both Leader 3/16 and CDL 3/16. I believe they are both a semi rigid tubing. I wouldn't hesitate on either brand. I will say on the fittings I do like the CDL brand a bit better for the double barb on the T's.

DRoseum
04-13-2022, 07:24 PM
We have used both Leader 3/16 and CDL 3/16. I believe they are both a semi rigid tubing. I wouldn't hesitate on either brand. I will say on the fittings I do like the CDL brand a bit better for the double barb on the T's.

I have only used leader tubing and am happy with it. I also prefer CDL fittings, except for the spiles...use leader check valves and love them.

VTnewguy
04-13-2022, 07:38 PM
I have only used leader tubing and am happy with it. I also prefer CDL fittings, except for the spiles...use leader check valves and love them.

I forgot to mention that we use the 5/16 drop with the 3/16 line. 1. it's easier to find the spouts you want to use. 2. The extra diameter of the line gives enough room for the freeze pull back without a check valve. (Tried those too, just saw too many gummed up at the end of the year to believe they work well.)

motowbrowne
04-13-2022, 09:54 PM
You couldn't PAY me to use leader 30p 3/16. Never again. It pulls right off the fittings. My favorite is the green stuff from h20 innovation. The cdl stuff is good too. The best fittings are cdl.

I had way less squirrel chews on my h20 tubing than 30p and it's much easier to see through which daily helps for leak checks and diagnosis.

Edited to add: my leader dealer actually stopped selling 30p in 3/16 after getting lots of reports like mine. They say the flexible stuff from leader gets much better reviews.