PDA

View Full Version : Leader Evaporator Co. - H2O Innovations

DrTimPerkins
04-12-2022, 08:12 PM
https://stockhouse.com/news/press-releases/2022/04/12/h2o-innovation-enters-into-an-agreement-to-acquire-the-business-of-leader

I have no other details other than what was just announced today, although I'll admit that I didn't find this particularly surprising.

johnallin
04-13-2022, 06:05 AM
Sad to see this, Leader is a fine brand.

tcross
04-13-2022, 06:15 AM
hope they keep producing the check valve spout!

collinsmapleman2012
04-13-2022, 06:57 AM
https://stockhouse.com/news/press-releases/2022/04/12/h2o-innovation-enters-into-an-agreement-to-acquire-the-business-of-leader

I have no other details other than what was just announced today, although I'll admit that I didn't find this particularly surprising.

i was suprised, but not surprised at the same time. if you look back, it's kind of been in process for a year or 2

TapTapTap
04-13-2022, 07:33 AM
Hopefully it is a good thing for the maple industry and for Vermont. And, I hope the Leader brand continues.

M&M Maple Grove
04-13-2022, 10:10 AM
Usually works out well for companies. Not so much for consumers. It’s the pattern of the times. Buy out enough of the competition until there’s only a handful of companies left. At that time, they could all sit down and work it out to benefit the group. Might as well be a monopoly at that point.

mainebackswoodssyrup
04-13-2022, 11:39 AM
Interesting, Leader has certainly been around for a long time. H2O is a huge company, the maple sector just got bigger but it's still only 1 part of their company as a whole.

Kh7722
04-13-2022, 08:01 PM
Usually works out well for companies. Not so much for consumers. It’s the pattern of the times. Buy out enough of the competition until there’s only a handful of companies left. At that time, they could all sit down and work it out to benefit the group. Might as well be a monopoly at that point.

I wouldn’t jump to conclusions it hasnt even been 24 hours yet

johnallin
04-13-2022, 09:10 PM
I agree with Kevin, don’t see that happening at all.
Lots of guys doing time right now for “price fixing”.
Get greedy and the gates open wide for a new player.
Ask me how I know.

Sunday Rock Maple
04-14-2022, 04:55 AM
Can't say I'm surprised but I am pleased as H2O's engineering strength is very impressive and I've always had a soft spot for Leader.

M&M Maple Grove
04-14-2022, 08:16 AM
I wouldn’t jump to conclusions it hasnt even been 24 hours yet
Could you elaborate on that?

joshSBS
04-14-2022, 10:08 AM
Hello, Leader Evaporator Dealer here!
H2O has no interest in discontinuing the Leader name, brand, or products. Leader will still operate separately from H2O, the only major change is that this will allow both companies to pool resources and knowledge to help customers better.

If you have questions, feel free to ask

wiam
04-14-2022, 10:23 AM
Hello, Leader Evaporator Dealer here!
H2O has no interest in discontinuing the Leader name, brand, or products. Leader will still operate separately from H2O, the only major change is that this will allow both companies to pool resources and knowledge to help customers better.

If you have questions, feel free to ask

Hoping for this. But seen enough companies bought to think things will not stay as they were.

Kh7722
04-14-2022, 01:06 PM
Could you elaborate on that?

Not really. H20 is a solid company, know guys that work for corporate. Many think instantly that the consumer is gonna get the shaft. Leader was in trouble and h20 backed them up and probably kept them from closing up shop eventually. Maybe just a oh good is more of a optimistic response.

johnallin
04-14-2022, 01:28 PM
Not really. H20 is a solid company, know guys that work for corporate. Many think instantly that the consumer is gonna get the shaft. Leader was in trouble and h20 backed them up and probably kept them from closing up shop eventually. Maybe just a oh good is more of a optimistic response.

I couldn't agree more.

M&M Maple Grove
04-14-2022, 01:31 PM

I think you’re relying on blind optimism. I’m not comfortable with US entities being absorbed by foreign companies. China is pushing to buy up all the grain elevators in the US. They currently own over half of them in the world. I’m sure every farmer that just read that cringed.

They may have the best of intentions but unfortunately, companies aren’t run on good intentions. They run on their bottom line and how it is affected. leader already bought out a good portion of their local competitors. They could scrap the whole line if it doesn’t work out and then what?

Kh7722
04-14-2022, 01:45 PM
I think you’re relying on blind optimism. I’m not comfortable with US entities being absorbed by foreign companies. China is pushing to buy up all the grain elevators in the US. They currently own over half of them in the world. I’m sure every farmer that just read that cringed.

They may have the best of intentions but unfortunately, companies aren’t run on good intentions. They run on their bottom line and how it is affected. leader already bought out a good portion of their local competitors. They could scrap the whole line if it doesn’t work out and then what?

No one cares about your comfort level. You want to make the decisions buy leader yourself and keep it the way you want.

OrangeAgain
04-14-2022, 01:57 PM
No one cares about your comfort level. You want to make the decisions buy leader yourself and keep it the way you want.

I'm curious how this comment is productive in this conversation.

M&M Maple Grove
04-14-2022, 02:10 PM
Right? Interesting perspective.

bill m
04-17-2022, 06:37 AM
My opinion. For a large corporation like H2O to invest in the maple industry shows a commitment to maple.They are investing in a very small market, not a global one. The ROI for such a small market cannot be as large as a world wide market. I think this will be great for anyone, large or small, in the maple industry.

fred
04-18-2022, 09:16 AM
.They are investing in a very small market, not a global one. The ROI for such a small market cannot be as large as a world wide market. I think this will be great for anyone, large or small, in the maple industry.

Maple is moving global. Russia and Asia are making syrup now, although small levels now they are setting up for it. Trees are growing and at some point will be competition.

M&M Maple Grove
04-18-2022, 02:31 PM
If your biggest concern over this news is whether you’ll be able to receive the same fittings and spouts, you should be all set. And people wonder why our GDP is all out of whack.

bill m
04-19-2022, 05:01 PM
Maple is moving global. Russia and Asia are making syrup now, although small levels now they are setting up for it. Trees are growing and at some point will be competition.I think you missed my point. Good water is global market. Clean energy is a global market. Transportation is a global market. On a global scale maple is a very small niche market. For a company the size of H2O to invest in maple shows a commitment to the industry not just from the monetary side. That is just my opinion.

220 maple
04-29-2022, 08:42 AM
Congrats to H2o, it will be interesting to see if they can get the leader rep I deal with to return my calls. In the meantime CDL gets the money.
Mark 220 Maple