PDA

View Full Version : Metal Roofing Prices

OneLegJohn
04-03-2022, 09:59 AM
Anyone buy sheet metal lately? I'm looking for metal prices the budget a roof for a wood shed. I have no idea where metal prices are now.

Ghs57
04-03-2022, 11:48 AM
I can't give specific prices, but the roofing I've bought recently cost significantly more than the last time I bought roofing. Oddly enough, they were both for the maple barn - I expanded the building over the past year or so. This was ABC metal roofing out of Rome, NY (IIRC). And I'm not done with it yet. I will probably have to buy more. I'm just waiting for better weather to finish the rest, and get the tarp off. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what it costs, as I am matching existing roofing, so just have to grin and bear it.

Hillcrest Maples
04-03-2022, 05:37 PM
They have doubled. 2 years ago we paid $0.70 square foot, it’s over $1.50 right now.

Kh7722
04-04-2022, 07:16 AM
3$ a foot here (36” wide). Priced last week as well for a small roof addition.

OneLegJohn
04-04-2022, 06:26 PM
Dang.... used corrugated metal sounds really good for a wood shed.

OneLegJohn
04-10-2022, 08:37 AM
Confirmed locally here in Atlantic, PA - Galvalume is $3/linear ft for 36" metal roofing panels. I guess the next step is figuring out the building size and material. I have some 20' I-beams I can use in conjunction with rough sawn lumber off the property. The i-beams also include (4) uprights/posts with flanges that bolt to the beams and concrete. It was an office mezzanine at one point.

I would like to reuse this in a construction plan for housing the sawmill or for an air drying area. Open to ideas and suggestions.

TonyL
04-10-2022, 04:01 PM
I'll be buying metal roofing for my sawmill shed in the next 4 weeks or so. Guess I know what to expect now!$$$