PDA

View Full Version : A question for Vermonter's

Bucket Head
03-28-2022, 08:03 PM
Guy's,

Seeing not a drop of sap is stirring here thanks to the unexpected bitter cold weather, I have had some time to ponder some non-production but maple-related issues, and here is one of them.

In years past, I always looked forward to going to the local bookstore at this time of year to pick up a copy of Vermont Magazine. They would always have some stories, and many great photo's, of both large and small sugaring operations throughout the state. Unfortunately, for the last few years now, there has been no Vermont Magazine there.

I just figured Covid had something to do with it but now I'm wondering if there is more to the story. Is the magazine still being printed or is it just a supply thing with the bookstore chain? Has anyone seen a recent issue?

Thanks.

Steve

Waynesgarden
03-28-2022, 09:21 PM
I'm not in New England anymore (moved from Maine) but I've enjoyed that magazine and have seen it not too long ago. Mr. Googlepants says you might try Hannaford's in New Hartford.

BAP
03-29-2022, 05:42 AM
I believe that they stopped publishing a couple years ago pre-Covid

DrTimPerkins
03-29-2022, 08:48 AM
I believe that they stopped publishing a couple years ago pre-Covid

Vermont Life Magazine ceased publishing in summer 2018. Vermont Magazine is still in print and can be found at various places or by subscription: https://www.vtmag.com/wheretofind

Bucket Head
03-30-2022, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the replies, guy's. I went to two local Hannaford's with no luck. I will checkout the "wheretofind" next.

Steve