PDA

View Full Version : 1st year wirh no syrup

highlandcattle
03-18-2022, 05:27 AM
Sadly the time has come that Ron isn't able to tap anymore. His health issues have made this pretty impossible. He reads Tge Maple News that I get for him each year. Watches his Kindle and I show him maple things on my phone. It was great while it lasted...

BAP
03-18-2022, 05:34 AM
So sorry to hear that. At least through reading, he is able to keep up with what is going on.

mountainvan
03-18-2022, 11:00 AM
All good things come to an end . You guys had a great run. Good luck, van

Pdiamond
03-18-2022, 07:38 PM
That is a really sad thing to hear. Hopefully you are able to get some product from a local source. I wish you nothing but the best for the future. Hope Ron enjoys all the news.

maple flats
03-19-2022, 08:44 AM
So sorry to hear that.
I, by choice, quit tapping last year but I still fulfill by need to satisfy the addiction, I buy bulk, pack it into retail and still take care of my customers.
I guess the "by choice" was not 100% accurate, it's mostly because of a bad hip, but also because I now get cold far too easy since I was put on a blood thinner after I had blood clots (DVT). I didn't ask for either of those.
We get old for too soon, I still feel young inside but my body argues with that feeling. At 75 I no longer have the strength nor endurance I did just a few years ago.